Curtains in the living room combined with the kitchen: how to choose and design correctly
Combining the kitchen and the hall - a solution that allows you to get a comfortable room for cooking, receiving and relaxing. Kitchen-studio is a new functional space. At the same time, the question arises whether to hang curtains in the living room combined with the kitchen and how to decorate the kitchen window.
When choosing curtains for a combined room, the following points are taken into account:
- The purpose of each part of the room
- Number and arrangement of windows
- Design of curtains
- Installed furniture and equipment
To start picking curtains in the living room kitchen, you need to find out what parts of this space consists of.
What is the kitchen-studio
A classical room of this type consists of three elements:
- The working part is the place where food is prepared, the technique is installed, the dishes are stored, that is, the kitchen itself.
- Dining room - there is a suitable size table, chairs, slide for beautiful dishes.
- Recreation area - there is soft furniture, TV, bookcase, coffee table.
As zoning elements are used:
- Floor and wall covering
- Constructive elements - multi-level ceilings, thresholds, arches, partitions
- Furniture and decorative objects
Kitchen-studio can have one window - only in the recreation area, two light apertures - in the kitchen and in the hall, three or more in different combinations. In urban apartments most often the question arises as to which hang curtains for the living room and kitchen with one and two windows.
Curtains for working part
This part of the combined space is subject to strong effects of water, steam, various contaminants. To choose curtains for the kitchen, you need to consider the following characteristics:
- Kitchen size - the darker or smaller the room, the lighter the curtains.
- The closeness of the window to the stove - the curtains must be safe, that is not near an open fire.
- The closeness of the window to the sink - water should not fly on the curtains.
- The length of the curtains - the optimal option is to the window sill, you can choose asymmetric or arched solutions, while the further the window is from the plate and the sink, the longer the curtain can be.
- Material - natural fabrics are quickly impregnated with smells and contaminated, so it is better to use synthetic materials.
- Style of the kitchen.
When choosing curtains for the kitchen area, attention is first drawn to safety and functionality, and then to design.
Suitable curtains for the kitchen are easy to choose. In addition to all the above requirements, curtains should be easy to remove, wash and iron.
Curtains for the hall
The hall consists of two functional areas. Choosing curtains in the dining room, you can build on where the light is located. At design of a hall design leaves on the first place.
Decoration of the dining room
In most cases, the window remains in the rest zone. If the room is planned so that the table is next to the window, it is better to hang curtains that pass light well and pay attention to their color:
- Light brown, orange, red and pastel colors - excite appetite
- Yellow - gives a sense of satisfaction
- Cold shades - reduce appetite
For the dining room you can combine curtains with tulle. Their design is able to resonate with the rest area or working part. The length of the curtains does not matter, but sometimes it depends on the indoor plants grown on the windowsill.
Decoration of the recreation area
To choose the right curtains in the living room combined with the kitchen, you should consider three points:
- Interrelation with the kitchen;
- Size and illumination of the rest zone;
- Style of the hall.
The easiest way to understand the dimensions and design features: warm colors are chosen for northern windows, cold - for southern and small rooms, bright - for spacious rooms, a vertical strip is suitable for rooms with low ceilings.
Depending on how much the decoration of the living room echoes with the working area there are two ways how to create a curtains decor for a hall combined with a kitchen:
- Functional zones are made in different styles, then the curtain harmonizes only with the living room environment.
- The curtain becomes a uniting link between different parts of the room - in this case the curtains for the kitchen's living room can correspond with the apron above the work surface, complement the textiles of the pillows, capes, and harmonize with the chairs or tablecloth.
You can choose curtains in the living room, relying on the already existing design of the hall. The classical solution involves the use of white tulle of various shades and heavy curtains of soft tones. To give completeness to bold modern or avant-garde solutions, you need to decorate the living room kitchen with bright curtains with a contrast effect. For hi-tech light fabrics with metal impregnations will approach. Provence will not do without the influence of a lilac color. Country or eco is complemented by curtains with a floral pattern. Pompous baroque living rooms are decorated with curtains with lambrequins, fringes, brushes, and coats.
Kitchen-studio with two windows
Do you have to combine the curtains in different zones? Designers confidently say that they do not. The curtains for the kitchen of the living room with two windows are influenced by:
- The location of the windows relative to each other - if both windows are immediately visible, it is better to unite the solution: hang the same tulle, pick up similar textures or colors
- The style of the hall and the design of the working area - with different approaches to decorating the space to choose curtains in the kitchen combined with the living room can be in any version
Curtains are chosen not only different tones belonging to the same color, but also just matching the color circle of the shades.
What are the curtains
The modern kitchen-living room allows the use of different types of textiles for windows.
Knowing their successful combination with each other, you can choose curtains in the kitchen of the living room of any type:
- Classic curtains of heavy fabric - hung in the hall, combined with tulle;
- Curtains made of light materials - suitable for curtains in the kitchen;
- Tulle - used for any premises;
- Roller shutters - often installed in the work area, they can be covered with tulle;
- Roman curtains - are sewed from natural or expensive fabrics, suitable for a hall or kitchen, if nearby there is no plate with a sink;
- Japanese curtains - move along the window on a special rail, installed in any room, suitable even for a small kitchen window, if made up to the window sill.
When choosing curtains for a combined living room, you should pay attention to what part of the room they are designed for, the overall design, modern trends, practicality and functionality of curtains.