How and what wallpaper to paste in the hall
If you finally decided to make repairs in the hall, the first and fundamental question for you should be the question of how and how to trim the walls in this room. And how not to get confused in the variety of materials and how to apply them, because the hall is a common room, the whole family often gathers in it, they receive guests, children play, etc. This room can have many functions, often radically different, and material for the decoration of walls should not only meet all of them, but be also beautiful.
What wallpaper to paste in the hall
No, probably, a cheaper functional and original coating for walls than wallpaper. This really brilliant invention appeared in ancient China and to this day enjoys great popularity all over the world.
The first and main advantage of wallpaper is the variety of their types and design. So before you buy wallpapers for the hall, let's take a closer look at the main types of this cover, their advantages and disadvantages.
This is perhaps the oldest version of wallpaper, which has not lost its popularity so far. Such wallpaper have an important advantage - the price, but on this significant advantages of such coverage for the walls end. Paper wallpapers are quite difficult to stick. And if you do not have practical building skills, then it's best to avoid buying such wallpapers.
And if you still decide to choose paper wallpaper and glue them yourself, then carefully study the market and buy two-layer cloths, as well as their varieties. They are not so deformed from the abundance of glue and better hide the small irregularities and imperfections of the walls. But at the same time the paper coating was and remains one of the most environmentally friendly, so if you are an amateur to save money and take care of your health, feel free to choose such wallpaper for the hall.
Sufficiently practical and durable option for wall decoration in the living room and, despite the slightly higher price, these wallpapers have excellent characteristics, such as moisture resistance, density, environmental friendliness. A pleasant advantage of these wallpapers will be a variety of designs, colors, drawings. Flizelinovye wallpaper is easy to glue, they are amenable to reusable painting, which means that you easily, without excessive costs, will be able to change the interior.
This kind of wallpaper is quite expensive, but their appearance will make your living room cozy, give it an atmosphere of luxury, will become a sign of prosperity and good taste of the owners of the house. If the main function of the hall is the reception of guests, and you chose the classic style of the interior, then textile wallpaper will be just an ideal option. Their disadvantages are the lack of moisture resistance and the impossibility of easy cleaning.
Such wallpapers have won huge popularity in the market, due to the simplicity of gluing, the possibility of these wallpapers to hide small unevennesses and lacks of walls, a variety of designs. Vinyl wallpaper is easy to glue, because the glue is applied only to the wall. This allows you to quickly trim large rooms, and also prevents the deoxidation and damage of wallpaper.
Bamboo and cortical wallpaper
This is a relatively new kind of wallpaper, which requires special skills for their gluing. These wallpapers look interesting, but they serve as an excellent dust collector and quickly fade and fade under the influence of sunlight. They are best used for gluing a single wall or a small part of it, creating unique naturalistic accents, since pasting them all over the room can strongly squeeze the space and make the interior lurid.
How to stick a wallpaper in the hall
As already mentioned above, each type of wallpaper has its own individual recommendations for gluing.
In order to avoid unnecessary waste of nerves and money, it is necessary to pay attention to the labeling of rolls, and even better - to get detailed advice on the selection of glue and materials from the seller.
As for the process of gluing, the Internet is just full of photo and video instructions, as step by step around the hall.
This can be done in several stages:
Make sure you have all the tools you need:
- Brushes for applying glue. Them, ideally should be 2. Wide - for applying glue to wallpaper and wall and narrow - for smearing joints.
- Stepladders or a stable comfortable chair.
- Rubber rollers, which are used to roll out air bubbles from under the glued web.
- A cloth to remove the glue residue.
- Sharp stationery knife and long ruler for cutting canvases.
- Bucket for glue.
- A wide table on which you will cut. This can be done on the floor, but make sure it is dry and clean before you lay the wallpaper on it.
- Kleenka or old newspapers, to protect the floor and furniture.
Carrying out of works
In brief - on the sequence of work:
- Preparation of glue and wallpaper cutting. Dilute the glue and leave it for a couple of hours. The time the adhesive is ready usually indicates the packaging. Close the windows and doors tightly, as the wallpaper may fall from the temperature drop and drafts. Cover the floor and the furniture with oilcloth. After that you can start cutting the wallpaper. If there is a picture or pictures on them, carefully determine the places where the picture is joined. Often on the reverse side of such wallpaper there is a special dotted line.
- Primer. Primers can be primed with either a special agent or a less concentrated wallpaper paste. Abundantly apply the substance on the wall and wait for it to dry completely. If the walls quickly absorb the primer, repeat the procedure twice.
- Sticky. When everything is ready, you can start sticking from the corner of the window and move further along the perimeter of the room. The wallpaper can be glued butt and lapped, it depends on the type of wallpaper and preliminary preparation of the walls - if they are not perfectly even, then it is better to leave a small gap in case of inconsistencies. When the sheet is pasted, remove the remaining air from under it with a roller or a dry rag. If small bubbles do not want to leave the wallpaper, take a needle and gently puncture such places and squeeze out the air.
So, now you know better how to glue the wallpaper in the hall. The main condition is to follow the rules, as well as follow the instructions. We wish you a successful repair!