How to glue wallpaper in the corners of the kitchen: correctly glue the corners with wallpaper, decorate the outer corner, non-woven tapestries, instruction, video
The technology of pasting the corners of the wallpaper is complex only at first glance Pasting walls with wallpaper will help create a cozy home atmosphere in the kitchen. Thanks to modern developments, this finishing material, and in particular - non-woven wallpaper, for strength and durability can compete with plastic. At the same time, they are more environmentally friendly, allow air to circulate and it is easier to work with them. The only thing that you have to tinker with - to figure out how to glue the wallpaper in the corners.
- 1 Choosing the right wallpaper for the kitchen
- 2 Necessary materials and tools
- 3 Subtlety of pasting corners
- 4 Trimming the wallpaper in the corners (video)
- 5 Pasting with interior wall corners
- 6 Pasting of external corners with wallpaper
- 7 How to glue wallpapers in corners (video)
Choosing the right wallpaper for the kitchen
Correctly matched wallpaper - already half the success. Having saved on quality, you can lose a lot in durability, and you'll have to repair again in a year or two.
Flizeline wallpaper - one of the best options for the kitchen
Non-woven bases are more convenient when there is a need to change the wallpaper. To do this, you just need to remove the vinyl layer, and a new cloth can be glued to the old finish.
Consider what kinds of wallpaper can be, and whether they can paste the kitchen:
- Paper wallpapers - not the right option for the kitchen. In conditions of temperature changes, high humidity or dryness, the paper deteriorates, and the pattern burns out. Making a kitchen paper wallpaper, in this microclimate do not have to rely on their long life.
- Vinyl on paper basis - more durable material. They can be washed and pasted for painting. Such wallpaper does not fade under the sun's rays and is resistant to moisture. The technology of gluing is the same as paper. But since vinyl makes the canvas heavier, glue is chosen for heavy wallpaper. It should also be borne in mind that not every vinyl coating is breathable.
- Vinyl on non-woven basis - are distinguished by their high strength due to non-woven linen as a lining. Do not be afraid that they will tear or shrink. Such wallpaper glue butt. Due to the fact that the adhesive is applied only to the wall, in the process of repair, the forces are saved and time is saved.
- Fluffy wallpaper - thanks to its dense structure, it perfectly masks irregularities and cracks. Good air is let through without turning the kitchen into a "greenhouse". Perfectly fit as a base for painting. In the process of gluing do not stretch and do not tear. Easy to clean, they can be washed and vacuumed.
How to choose wallpaper (video board)
Necessary materials and tools
To properly paste the wallpaper and not be in the process of being caught off guard by the absence of the necessary tools, before repairing, check that you have everything you need.
You will need:
- mounting knife,
- putty knife,
- building level,
- plumb bob,
- rubber roller,
Pencil - a necessary auxiliary tool for gluing wallpaper in the corners
Subtlety of pasting corners
Wallpaper gluing is a simple task, but it also has its own subtleties. Typically, the difficulties arise if you do not know how to glue the wallpaper in the corners. When at least one corner turns out to be crooked, as the wall is glued along the wall, there will be an increasing misalignment of the canvas relative to the surface of the floor and the windows of the kitchen or the ceiling.
Do not focus on the doorway as the starting point of pasting walls with wallpaper. Check with a plumb line whether it is really perpendicular to the floor. Chances are great that the frames are also installed with an error that will lead to a skew, and the angle will be swollen.
The tradition to start decorating walls with wallpaper from door and window openings has its origin from the need to glue the paper wallpapers overlap, so that the latter is less noticeable. With the advent of vinyl and nonwoven materials such a need has disappeared, since the sheet is glued to butt.
Smooth corners are much easier to paste than corners with curvature
At greater roughness some tweaks will help
Before you start working with wallpaper, it would be correct with the building level to level each corner with plaster. With minor irregularities, you can cope with a small overlap or cut off an extra piece of cloth.
Trimming the wallpaper in the corners (video)
Pasting with interior wall corners
Correctly covered with wallpaper, the corner does not wrinkle, the edges of the canvas do not diverge, forming a gap. To achieve such a thorough performance of repair, resort to some tricks.
- A layer of glue is applied to the wall. If the wallpaper is non-woven, do not apply glue on their back side.
- The edge of the canvas is planted on the adjacent wall by an allowance of 1-2 cm.
- I'm pressed firmly against the wall with a sponge. If the canvas is wrinkled, scissors make incisions towards blisters and straighten the material.
- After this, they begin to open the canvas, which will fall into a corner from the top. With the help of a ruler and a pencil on the reverse side, the overlap in the mirror image that overlaps the adjacent wall is cut off and this excess is cut off.
- The glued canvas is glued so that the cut edge ends up in the corner.
Detailed instructions for pasting interior wall corners
Pasting of external corners with wallpaper
Often the design of the kitchen is made in such a way that in the doorways it is necessary to glue and protruding the outer corner.
Pasting corners with wallpaper is not an easy task with a large curvature of the walls
- Perform measurements from the top and bottom starting points for the wallpaper to an angle of plus 3 cm to wrap it.
- Cut out the wallpaper on the required size.
- Brush glue on the walls.
- The edges are tightly pressed against the wall, performing incisions where wrinkles are formed.
- If the pasting is done by the material on a non-woven base, the top layer along the corner is cut and the narrow strip is neatly removed.
- A new sheet on the adjacent wall on the other side of the corner is glued over the flizeline edge.
- At the joints are passed by a rubber roller.
That's all the tricks, how to glue the wallpaper in the corners. Knowing these subtleties, difficulties with the design of the kitchen should not arise. Such simple solutions will help create a cozy kitchen interior.