Installation of suspended ceilings with your own hands (video)
Suspended ceilings have long ceased to be a luxury, you can see them in many homes.
Installation of suspended ceilings can be carried out not only by specialists, you can do everything yourself.
Such ceilings make it possible to hide all irregularities and communications perfectly. The installation of ceilings is quite simple, it is possible to arrange a variety of lighting options, you can introduce sound and thermal insulation. Installation of the ceiling with your own hands will not cause great difficulties.
For the installation of suspended ceilings the following tools will be needed:
- building level;
- self-tapping screws;
How to design a suspended ceiling installation
- To begin with, it is necessary to mark the boundaries of a suspended ceiling. In order to be as accurate as possible, an alcohol or laser level should be used. Care should be taken to work with such tools, they imply the use of special glasses. As for the height of the ceiling, everything here depends on preferences and what kind of pipes.
- Electric wires should be tightly fixed with special ties, then they will not interfere with the work.
- Before reinforcing the profiles, it is necessary for the sensor to check whether there are any pipes and wires on the surface. If this is not done, everything can be destroyed with sharp screws.
- It is necessary to determine the angle from which the installation is planned. It is recommended to stand in the doorway and look at the view that has opened. The site that is most visible should be trimmed first. In most cases, the installation of such ceilings is done so that slices of slabs are located above the doors in the least visible place.
- Now around the perimeter of the room you should make a reinforcement of wall profiles, with the wall they are connected by 100 mm self-tapping screws. If the wall is skeleton, the screws can be screwed directly into the racks. If the surface is made of concrete, then first you need to drill holes for the dowels, then they are clogged into the base, and then you can screw the screws.
- Now it's time to mount the frame base, for this use T-profiles, they will be needed to fix the panel of the new ceiling.
Nuances of installing a new ceiling
- If you plan to use gypsum board, then profiles with a length of 60 cm and 120 cm should be used. On the angular profiles for the two reverse transactions, it is necessary to measure the distance, which is equal to the length of the average profile (this is 120 cm). It is necessary to put the marks, and then the roulette make a refinement of the distance between them.
- The resulting distance is transferred to the transverse profile, which remains, then it is simply cut down by the Bulgarian. Now you can install a transverse profile, it needs to rest on the angled.
- You can start assembling the cells for the ceiling tile: the first step is to strengthen the profile length of 120 cm, it should be located parallel to the angled rails. If there is a question how to fix profiles, then there is nothing complicated. Before you install it, you should bend the petal in a certain direction. If the profile is fixed properly, a small click will be heard, which indicates successful operation.
- When installing the ceiling, make sure that it does not bend in the middle. To do this, the transverse profile should be attached to the old ceiling or flooring supports. In this case, you need to use special cables made of metal. To sculpt suspensions on all sites should not be. They need to be fixed through two fastening apertures. For a strong retention of the frame is quite enough. The upper hanger plate is bent 90 degrees with the help of pliers.
Now the loop must be attached to the ceiling surface, after which it is fixed to the ceiling with screws. To do this, you should use a screwdriver, the lower end of the suspension should be bent by hook in the profile hole. As necessary, the suspensions should simply be subjected to the process of tightening and tightening, thus the height of the ceiling is regulated.
To do this, press on the curved narrow plate, which is in the central part of the suspension. After the work with the suspensions is complete, you need to finish the creation of the cells, for this purpose, cross profiles of small length are mounted.
It is necessary to check the horizontality of the frame, and then move on to the next section of the room. If there is a junction box for the lighting fixture on the old ceiling, it must be dismantled (taking into account that the electricity must be previously disconnected). The wire is lengthened, then again put the outlet on the new ceiling.
Ceiling panels are stacked alternately in the previously made cells of the frame. Before this, you must always wear clean gloves, otherwise you will have to wash the plasterboard. And this is not the easiest and not the most pleasant occupation. When the work has come to an end, you need to wash off the dust from the new suspended ceiling.
Installation of a hinged ceiling is made. Thus, to do all the work with their own hands is not as difficult as it might seem at first glance. Installation of such ceilings is good in that in the event of an emergency, you can simply change several ceiling slabs. To redo the entire construction from the very beginning there is no need. When installing the ceiling, you should be especially careful and accurate, then everything will necessarily turn out and nothing has to be altered. Due to the ease of installation, the suspended ceiling is becoming increasingly popular.