Liquid wallpaper in the kitchen photo: reviews, interior, lacks, whether it is possible to use, pictures from wallpaper, glue, video
Liquid wallpaper is one of the most popular kitchen design options. The kitchen is not only the place where food is prepared, but also the face of the hostess. In our country it is customary to receive guests in the kitchen, as this is the most cozy, warmest (and in terms of the atmosphere also) part of the house. Yes, and repairs usually start from the kitchen. Plumbing, floors, windows - traditional materials are used here, but the decoration of the walls requires special attention. After all, the kitchen is a place where there can be splashes of fat, oil, and steam, and increased moisture. Therefore, the walls need to be protected additionally.
- 1 Is it possible to use liquid wallpaper in the kitchen
- 2 Technology of applying liquid wallpaper in the kitchen
- 3 How to create drawings from liquid wallpaper in the kitchen
- 4 Liquid wallpaper in the kitchen: reviews
- 5 Drawing of liquid wallpaper with your own hands (video)
- 6 Examples of liquid wallpaper in the kitchen (photo)
Is it possible to use liquid wallpaper in the kitchen
There are very opposite opinions about whether it is possible to use liquid wallpaper in the kitchen, many reviews suggest that this is not advisable. In principle, this type of plaster (and liquid wallpaper refers to this type of finishing materials) can not withstand pollution, moisture and kitchen odors, but the existence of ancillary tools and technologies can easily adapt this capricious material to complex kitchen conditions.
Liquid wallpaper is not suitable for finishing the entire kitchen. It is better to trim the working wall with traditional tiles or mosaic.
Liquid wallpaper is poorly in contact with water: the kitchen has a huge risk of splashing walls with various liquids. Consequently, the wallpaper will be spoiled
To make the plaster suitable for the kitchen, it is treated with any varnish on an acrylic base. And then the wallpaper will stop absorbing smells, and if necessary they can also be washed.
If the wallpaper is applied to the wall far from the working surface, then even additional processing will not be necessary: a soiled or damaged place can simply be wet from the sprayer, clean off and replace the fragment.
Tip: when buying material, it is desirable to increase the volume by one package. It can be useful for further minor repairs in the kitchen.
Technology of applying liquid wallpaper in the kitchen
Liquid wallpaper is a mixture of glue, dye and the main component - cellulose. The mixture is initially dry and must be diluted with water before use. In general, the technology is not complicated, in a few minutes it will be mastered by anyone.
Before applying liquid wallpaper, the wall must necessarily be primed
The work is carried out in several stages:
- As thoroughly as possible, clean the entire surface from previous coatings and treat them from contamination. All deep cracks and deep potholes need to be plastered, minor defects will straighten the wallpaper.
- Parts made of metal are covered with paint to avoid rusty stains.
- To treat all areas affected by the fungus, antiseptics are used for this. After the surface is dried.
- Walls must be primed. Waterproofing primer will help to protect the walls from yellow spots.
- Following the instructions carefully, dilute the mixture. Moreover, water is added to the mixture, and not vice versa. Stir well so that there are no lumps. Then it is set aside for swelling. After the mixture is stirred again.
- As tools you need to buy: a hard putty knife, a paint roller (it should be hard). A small part of the mixture is applied to the surface and smoothed. The layer depends on the pressure force, it should be no more than 3 mm. If the mixture is applied with a spatula, the walls will be smooth, if the special roller is structural.
The exact amount of water per one bag of dry mixture can be found in the instructions for liquid wallpaper
The remaining diluted but unused mixture is rolled over the film, wait for it to dry (3 days), then pack and store in a dry place.
Liquid wallpaper in the interior of the kitchen (video)
How to create drawings from liquid wallpaper in the kitchen
Just glue wallpaper - boring, but to create individual design drawings - stylishly very interesting. First, you need to come up with a drawing and apply it to the wall (or ceiling) with a marker.
If artistic talent is not enough - use computer templates and stencil. You can create them yourself, ask for someone more talented or take advantage of those available on the Internet.
Before creating a picture, it is necessary to clean and prime the surface, and then:
- The material of the required color is applied so that it protrudes beyond the indicated edge by 1 mm.
- Then a mini spatula made of rubber (for a smaller picture, a trowel is more suitable, you need to work with the edge of the tool), all the material is gently pushed back behind the edge of the drawing, so a contour curb is created.
- Now we need to wait until the entire element dries out, and then we join the next part of the picture with it. So the whole surface is filled in stages.
- If the interior assumes a pattern with clear contour lines, then they can be put a marker on the already dry wallpaper. The most creative designers will be helped by beads, metallized threads, sequins, beads, etc.
The result can be seen only after the complete drying of the liquid wallpaper
Individual design kitchen decoration can be limited only by imagination. After all, you can mix different colors, even the most unusual ones, creating abstract or futuristic pictures. When mixing colors, you can get the most unpredictable shades. The only downside - you can find out the final result only when the mixture dries completely. Different and the structure of the wallpaper. You can create relief patterns on a smooth surface. A serrated spatula can create different bands and waves. "Playing" the texture and thickness of the application, create curbs and various effects: marble, stone, brickwork, etc.
Another way to create a picture on the wall is an appliqué. Glue it on top of the surface already finished with liquid wallpaper.
But here there are a few nuances:
- Wallpaper with the use of coloring when soaking will stain the lower edge of the application.
- There is a possibility of soaking the bottom layer of wallpaper, and when pressing, deformation also occurs.
- If the design of the walls is not professional, then you can use the application-sticker. In the market of modern materials, there are many of them in a different price range.
Warning for the owners of cats: the finishing with liquid wall paper is sure to please your pets. For them it will be the largest and most comfortable "scratching machine". To help here can only unlimited patience with regular repairs, or the natural breeding of an animal.
Another version of the liquid wallpaper will be the mixture with the addition of silk. It's not just beautiful, it's luxurious. It gives the impression of finishing expensive textiles. But such material is not the most budgetary. Finishing will cost, as well as looks - very expensive.
Liquid wallpaper in the kitchen: reviews
Comments of consumers using this type of decoration on the walls of their kitchens in their majority are reduced to one: liquid wallpaper in the kitchen - it's stylish, beautiful and practical.
Liquid wallpaper can be cleaned with a vacuum cleaner
- "After drying, the stains of yellow appeared on the wallpaper. Specialists suggested - before applying it is necessary to use a specialized primer. Usually it is sold in the same place as the wallpaper. And so it was necessary to shoot and remake everything. Judging by other reviews, the problem is very urgent. "
- "We wanted to renovate the kitchen so that it was beautiful, original and moderately expensive. Friends saw the finish with liquid wallpaper. Read the information, reviews, decided to try. But they put a protective varnish on top of the wallpaper. The effect was amazing. As a result, we will cover other rooms. "
- "There are two versions of liquid wallpaper: decorative plaster - it when it dries becomes hard and it's hard to apply. But the wallpaper with silk fibers can inflict on children. They are just soft, pleasant to the touch, but they are more expensive. "
- "Liquid wallpapers have more pluses than any other similar coatings. If a child likes to paint on walls, to revive them and bring them to their original form is very simple. "
- "Do you want the opinion of the builder / finisher? Those who can just putty, with liquid wallpaper will cope easily. They are applied from the corner to the other corner on the entire wall. It must be completed at once. Process two parallel walls in one day and then adjacent to them the following walls. Walls that are not lacquered in wet areas are easily covered with mold, and it is impossible to remove it from liquid wallpaper. "
Drawing of liquid wallpaper with your own hands (video)
In the use of any material you can find its pros and cons, but when decorating with liquid wallpaper, the cons can easily be bypassed. But the application technology is so simple that even a specialist can not master it. And even easier, than pasting with paper wallpaper. All errors are easily eliminated, as well as defects, and any other marriage. Do not need any putty or leveling - liquid wallpaper can easily hide all the small wall defects. Heat and sound insulation will be an additional bonus when buying. And they are fire-resistant, they do not form seams and do not burn out in bright sunlight when applied. Caring for them is easy: if the wallpaper is treated with varnish - you can simply wipe with a damp cloth, if there is no varnish - vacuum. The service life in the absence of mechanical damage is 10 years.
Examples of liquid wallpaper in the kitchen (photo)