Overhaul of the balcony with your own hands in the panel house: correct recommendations
When building new panel houses, balconies in them are made according to standard templates and most often do not carry a special appeal. They differ in a number of design features, lack of any decorative finishing, some of them are not even glazed. For these and other personal reasons, it is worth considering the option of reconstructing the balcony room. If the prices for the performance of installation work by specialists are too expensive, then you can easily undertake repairs yourself.
Evaluation of the condition of the balcony in the panel house
We will consider the major repairs of the loggia with our own hands using the example of panel houses of type P 44. The platforms feature skeleton features from standard balconies, and the appearance is reminiscent of a zigzag shape. The correct approach to the reconstruction of the balcony will significantly increase the free space. Here you can easily place a wardrobe, a coffee table with chairs, and if necessary, you can organize a personal cabinet.
Bearing capacity of balcony structures in panel houses are famous for their long service life. Finishing materials involved in construction are rarely of high quality. In the panel house type P 44, it is necessary to repair the interior and exterior finishes.
The need for exterior finishing of the balcony for houses of type P 44 is not a rare case. There are a number of basic rules for choosing materials for exterior decoration:
- Only high-quality materials with durability and a long service life are allowed.
- The material for exterior finishing should be well tolerated by any atmospheric influences and precipitation.
- Affordable price.
- Easy to install with your own hands.
The most suitable for the above criteria are:
- Metal profile.
Installation of the balcony liner with vinyl siding
For repair with your own hands, the PVC siding (vinyl) is ideal. The material is lightweight, high strength and reliability, easy installation. This material looks good on the balconies in the panel house type P 44. Before starting work it is necessary to prepare:
- Vinyl siding (the number of square meters is determined from the volumes of the sheathing area + 15-20% is added for additional pruning).
- Wooden beam 40x40mm for the installation of the battens (length depends on the perimeter of the lower part of the balcony).
- Starting slats, mounted in the lower part of the structure (the number depends on the length of the beam of the crate).
- External corners for hiding the corner joints of the siding.
- Fasteners (anchors with dowels, self-tapping screws).
- Planks under the windowsill.
- Mounting tools: a Bulgarian with discs for metal and wood, a puncher with a set of spades and checked, a level, a screwdriver with attachments, screwdrivers, hammers.
Sheathing begins with the installation of a wooden crate. In houses type P 44 from 9 to 16 floors, so high-altitude work with their own hands to perform with strict adherence to all safety rules.
Important! If the siding is planned to be installed in an upright position, the crate is mounted horizontally and vice versa!
To do this, at the corners of the balcony with the help of anchor bolts fasten the racks of the wooden beam. Nuts will help to fix the crate from the inside better. Then horizontal bars are installed along the top and bottom sides of the structure. Now you can mount vertical racks of the crate.
At the final stage of repair, fixing the siding to a wooden structure. To the corners of the crate are screwed special external corners, in them the ends of the product will be wound up.
Installation of vinyl siding with your own hands starts from the starting plate, which is fastened to the lower wooden bar using self-tapping screws. Now each subsequent bar is inserted into the previous one and fixed. The uppermost span is not mounted, instead of it there will be a bar under the windowsill. When screwing self-tapping screws, it is important to leave 0.5-1 mm as a gap, which will not allow the siding to deform during thermal expansion.
After finishing the outdoor work, it is necessary to give the balcony a cosiness, warmth and elegant appearance. To do this, use the following materials to choose from: PVC panels, plastic lining or plasterboard. The easiest to install with your own hands are PVC panels.
Sheathing of walls and ceiling with PVC panels
Before starting work, the following materials must be prepared:
- Wooden beam 20x20 for erection of the battens (the number of square meters is calculated from the area of the premises).
- Polyfoam or foam foil for insulation of walls and ceiling.
- PVC panels: U-shaped profile, H-profile, F-profile (have a width of 0.250, 0.3, 0.5 m, length: 5.9, 2.95 and 2.6 m). To accurately determine the number of parts for repairs, measure the perimeter of the room and divide by the selected width of the panel.
- Mounting foam.
- Self-tapping screws with a press and a tree.
- Tool: perforator with winning drills, a Bulgarian with discs for metal and wood, screwdrivers, hammers, a screwdriver.
The first thing is to install a wooden crate on the principle of external decoration with the help of vinyl siding with a horizontal arrangement of the guides. In the spaces between the frame insert the sheets of foam, fixing them with dowels. Then the starting corner panel is installed in the corner of the balcony, where it is most difficult to work.
Each subsequent panel is inserted into the previous one using special slots. Use the F-profile to bypass the corners of the balcony. In places where the wall with the ceiling is joined, we install ceiling skirting boards. The silencing profile is mounted at the end of the work.
Installation of floors
To choose the option of flooring, you need to start from the available tools and materials. The easiest way to install a floor with your own hands in houses of type P 44 is a typical elevation and warming. For this it is necessary to prepare:
- Bulgarian with a disc on wood or electric jig saw.
- 80 mm dowels.
- Plywood or chipboard in 20 mm.
- Wooden beams 40x40 mm.
- Self-tapping screws for wood.
- Foam or foam foam 30 mm thick.
- Roulette, pencil, screwdriver, hammers, level.
The perforator drills holes for fastening the roughing bar to the full length of the room. We measure the width of the balcony (in houses of type P 44 it is 105 cm) and cut the beams 40x40 mm into the corresponding size minus 1-2 cm. They are stacked and mounted at a distance of 40 cm from each other. Then drill through holes and fix the dowels 80 mm.
In the formed cells the foam plastic is densely packed. We make sure that no cracks form. Foil is placed on top. Using the level, we evenly expose the layers of plywood. If necessary, put another layer of foam or penofol. Now it remains to paint the floor in your favorite color. This is the repair of the balcony floor is over.
The glazing of the balcony is the final stage of repair by our own hands. In homes such as P 44, the most appropriate option is to install double-glazed windows. You need to order windows from a trusted manufacturer. First of all, it is necessary to make measurements. To do this, remove the old window frames up to the base of the parapet and the upper ceiling. Now measure the distance between the walls and from the parapet to the ceiling. According to the received technical data we make windows.
For self-assembly of metal-plastic windows, you will need:
- Ready-made frames with double-glazed windows.
- Drill or perforator with 150 mm drill bits.
- Self-tapping screws with plastic dowels.
- Mounting foam.
- Roulette, level, screwdrivers.
So, before installing the windows, remove the double-glazed window from the frames. Frames are inserted into the window opening, where points of future holes are marked. In the drilled holes we insert plastic dowels. Then mount the frame using self-tapping screws, screwing them into the dowels. All cracks are filled with foam. After installing the double-glazed windows, fixing them with a plastic strip. We attach the swing-flaps.