What to hang instead of curtains on the windows?
Many of us still use classic curtains when decorating windows. And there is nothing wrong with this, because they are nice and homely, and they also shield us from the outside world, giving them peace and a sense of security. But let's not forget about the fact that today we have other options with which you can create a beautiful, but at the same time practical design of the window opening. So how can I replace the curtains on the windows?
Horizontal blinds for living room
Replacement options for curtains
The room with bare windows on one side looks more spacious and light, and on the other - angular and unfinished. Decorative design simultaneously solves several problems: it protects the apartment on the ground floor from the looks of curious onlookers, decorates the interior and allows you to adjust the intensity of daylight. Therefore, "dressing" of windows is still needed, while the design design should match the style of the room and the practical needs of owners. In this article, we'll tell you what to hang on the windows instead of curtains, so it looked beautiful and modern. And you already on the basis of the proposed options will be able to realize their ideas.
These are light protection devices made of horizontal and vertical plates - lamellas made of various materials. Their main advantage is the simplicity of controlling the intensity of penetrating light. By the principle of design features distinguish:
- Horizontal blinds - consist of the upper with the operator control, the lower eaves and the cloth from the horizontal stripes. The lamellae has a width of 16, 25 or 50 mm. The plates rotate at different angles and, when displaced upwards, fold together compactly. Modern blinds are fabric, wooden, plastic and metal. For residential areas, eco-materials are preferred, i.e. Blinds on windows made of wood or fabric. Industrial materials are more suitable for office premises. Although plastic blinds for the kitchen instead of curtains - also a convenient option, because water resistant. Fabric models are ideal for bedrooms and living rooms, and wooden shutters on windows - for the cabinet. Horizontally located blinds are interframe and internal.
- Vertical - here lamellas are located vertically from the ceiling to the floor, unfolding at an angle and come to the center, from the center and to the side. The width of the strip is 89 and 127 mm. Plates are most often made of textile fabrics, so their design is much more interesting. Such blinds are mounted to the aperture, to the ceiling or to the window opening - do not attach them to the sash, as turning the wide plate implies the availability of free space.
- Blinds-Pleated - also now hang on the windows instead of curtains. This device is made of a single piece of corrugated material, which, if desired, the owner, is folded. Such blinds are installed directly on the window and cover any opening. Adjusted by a special cord and weight, weighed down the bottom of the device. Pleated blinds are well protected from sunlight. A variety of shades and textures allows you to write such "curtains" in any interior design.
- Protective blinds - a modern alternative to grills and shutters. Produced from strong aluminum, used to protect the home from illegal penetration, plus in winter they reduce heat output. Protective blinds are available in different colors, which allows you to pick up roller blinds for any facade of the building.
This feature should also be taken into account when choosing the length: fabric plates located directly in front of the heating devices, and even adjacent to them, quickly fail.
Such a replacement option can be successfully assembled and personally, showing a fantasy. "Thread" can be made from beads, bamboo, wooden trinkets with holes, etc.
Such curtains can be hung instead of curtains above the opening or in a window opening. Possible length and shape: to the window sill (kitchen version), to the floor, wave-shaped and semicircular. Thread curtains can be hung on the windows along with the classic, they look good in a duet and favorably decorate the room.
In the production of fabric panels, as in the case of curtains, the same material is used, only in the first case it is subjected to special treatment. In this case, the opening method and the area of use are different for them.
- Roller blinds are a system consisting of a roll material that "hides" in a cassette and is installed on top of a window leaf. In addition to the cassette, the translucent structure is fitted with a box of guides that tightly press the sheet against the glass. Such retro-reflective window curtains are installed separately on each leaf, thus creating a single system. It does not hide the space of the windowsill, does not prevent the opening of the doors, does not allow the material to be lowered, and allows the use of such panels not only separately, but also in combination with classic curtains. Depending on the fabric, roller blinds are used both for complete dimming of rooms and for scattering rays. It is interesting to look for rollers with photo wallpapers on the window instead of curtains.
- Japanese panels are flat panels that are attached to a multi-layered cornice. Above and below there are special inserts (frames), they inform the panels of the necessary rigidity, on which the curtain material is stretched. The panels are not rotated here. The level of room lighting with daylight is controlled by overlapping windows and depends on the transparency of the fabric. Japanese panels are hung instead of curtains on windows in rooms with a mature style, where the severity and laconism prevail.
- Roman blinds are an even cloth made of fabric, which is gathered upwards into three-dimensional folds by means of a rotary-chain mechanism. In the manufacture of canvases, different colors, tones, images and the degree of transparency of the fabric are used. Holistic drawings like a landscape or a photo portrait are inappropriate here, as the drapery distorts them. But the monotonous fabrics that gather in the folds look great and create an atmosphere of lightness and romance.
In addition to the options that we have considered, there are less attractive methods that can also be used instead of curtains.
- Decorative stickers for windows instead of curtains: dark or colored sticker-silhouette, matte strip, stained glass, three-dimensional or luminous figure.
- Film on the windows instead of curtains - a modern material that protects the room from prying eyes, without distorting the visibility from the inside. In addition, it helps to avoid the scattering of fragments when the glass is damaged. The film can be used both separately and in combination with curtains and blinds.