You have not yet chosen ceiling curtains for curtains, then we go to you
Choosing a cornice for a specific set of curtains, apartment owners tend to want to show the beauty of the paintings themselves, paying little attention to the holders. This is wrong, because everything should be fine in the interior. For a complete search, baguettes for curtains are created - imposing rectangular slats that hide the upper edges of the curtain and become an independent decor object. Having seen such ceiling cornices, many of the owners are lighting up to acquire them. But to decorate with them you need a reasonable choice - it will be discussed.
- 1 What are ceiling curtains for curtains
- 2 Types of baguettes and fabrication material
- 3 Installation of a ceiling cornice-baguette
- 4 Color and Style
What are ceiling curtains for curtains
This is a kind of cornices, smoothing the space between the wall and the ceiling into one. Now they are gaining popularity more than ever, as new construction technologies - stretch or suspended ceilings require special treatment. Ceiling baguette for curtains will smooth out irregularities or blemishes of walls, not leaving a free strip between interior objects.
Advantages of frame moldings
The use of cornices of this type is justified by a large number of pluses. Among them:
- Visual increase in space due to the canvas in the floor and a smooth transition to the ceiling without a wall lumen. Thus, the owners of a small apartment will easily change the layout of the premises. This is important for typical "Khrushchev", "half-titles" and other architectural ideas in the era of communism.
- It is justified to apply a baguette for curtains, if you mount a wall-mounted cornice there is simply nowhere to go. For example, the window openings are high, leaving the ceiling. Decorating them in the usual way is hard, such a curtain risk to fly away from its place. All because, as a rule, the canvases are heavy at this height - short ones do not apply to a high window.
- For wide window openings, a baguette for curtains to the ceiling is an excellent way out, as there are not always cornices of sufficient length. If you apply string - curtains blown curtains, suckers are inappropriate for some fabrics. Framing cornices made of wood, metal or polymer will not bend under the weight of curtains.
- If the owners of the bedroom will have a desire to arrange an alcove above the bed, the ceiling baguettes for curtains - a way out of the situation without the complicated construction of canopies. In this case, it is important to take into account the correspondence of the other openings - the use of other variants of cornices is already inappropriate.
- The use of panel Japanese curtains is applicable only to the moldings - the opening is facilitated and the upper edge of the canvas remains invisible to the eye if there are flaws in the mount. By the way, these curtains are used not only as window curtains, with their help put partitions in the bedrooms.
Panel Japanese curtains
There is another important advantage, which has a practical purpose - baguettes and cornices for curtains retain heat. This is due to the air space between the windows and the cloth. As you know, the best conductor of heat is air, and window openings are its big consumers. Therefore, the balance is observed.
Types of baguettes and fabrication material
To properly select baguettes for curtains, it is important to consider their types. Quality is different, however, as are the functions of each cornice. So:
Traditionally, any lath for curtains is made of metal, wood or plastic. Each raw material has advantages and disadvantages. For example:
- Metal. Used stainless steel, aluminum - as a budget option. There are many advantages - strength, reliability, non-susceptibility to corrosion. Metal baguette for curtains as an option - expensive, but it justifies its purpose.
- Wood. Warm and noble raw materials. In addition, it is environmentally friendly. But before you hang a baguette for curtains from her into the room, it is important to consider the humidity of the room. Vapors are able to influence the wood - the cornice will start to swell, becomes heavy. Then, when the humidity is normal, it will dry up, cracking along the entire length. It is clear that such options are not for bathrooms and kitchens.
- Plastic. The ceiling tire for curtains from it is not very solid construction. However, it has another advantage - the cornice is bent and it is designed by protruding parts of the ceiling, where curtains are needed - arches, bay windows, trapezoids. Plastic baguettes are intended for light fabrics - tulle, silk, taffeta.
- There are also decorative baguettes - plaster, various polyurethane lining. They are only of a designer nature and for practical purposes they are not used - plaster frameworks are fragile, synthetic - they are dyed and turn yellow.
Application of a variant of gypsum
The choice of eaves according to the material of manufacture is made on the basis of a specific room and fabrics in stock. But to buy ceiling baguettes, early - there are many more.
How to fix the curtains
Under the cover plate there are fabric fasteners. They come in the following forms:
- Rods. As a rule, products are designed for any tissue - light, heavy. A universal choice for an apartment - living room, kitchen, bedroom.
- Stringed. Only tulle hangs on them, which will also sag with time. Lack of fastening - constant correction and pull-up. The ideal solution is to apply this option to the kitchen with curtains angle.
- Rail. Hidden hooks in grooves. Several grooves allow for a multi-layer curtain composition - traditional canvases, tulle, lambrequin. It is necessary to think in advance how many fabrics and materials will be put into the basis.
To choose a variant by a method of fastening it is necessary already under ready curtains - the form, color. It is important to immediately estimate the number of hooks, clips or other fasteners, so as not to get a scant drapery.
Number of curtains
On this basis, the types of baguettes are divided into one, two, and three-row. The purpose is clear - it follows from the previous paragraph - the number of canvases. The basis - heavy curtains, internal linen - tulle, decorative - lambrequins, svagi, ties.
Noting for themselves the required qualities, they acquire the desired version of the ceiling cornice. It is important to determine in advance the style of the future premises - baguettes are not suitable for anything other than classic, modern, country or retro.
Installation of a ceiling cornice-baguette
Home craftsmen are able to make baguettes for curtains with their own hands. As a rule, they are made of wood. What is required for the process:
- A curtain rod of the future baguette. Make a baguette from the board for curtains - it should be smooth and polished on all sides. Length and width are selected individually.
- Brackets for fastening baguettes and holders for curtains, fixing on the bar from the back side. The choice is described above.
- Fasteners - self-tapping screws, plastic inserts in the holes on the concrete wall.
Varnish for work
The process is not wasteful and is carried out if the price of baguettes for curtains made of wood does not suit the owners. On average, it is from 2500 rubles for natural raw materials, from 1500 - for aluminum and from 500 for plastic variants.
Preparation of baguette
A wooden board does not require much trouble - it is polished and impregnated with water-repellent compounds. After drying, on the inside symmetrically mounted holders for curtains - strings, rods on brackets. It is more difficult to make grooves for rail hooks, so let's take a look at the described ones.
Particular attention is required to the side parts of the frame molding - they must close the structure, completely adhering to the wall. They are put on glue or fasteners. The latter option is more reliable, but requires special inconspicuous fasteners - self-tapping screws with concealed heads, nails without hats. It is important to correctly determine the size of the side parts. The prepared board is varnished.
To properly hang the baguette for curtains, you first need to mark out the ceiling. Of course, it will not hang on it, but on the line it will be necessary to orientate later, so as not to make space to the window already laid. For the correct position, from the edge of the window sill retreat 10 cm + the thickness of the board. The size is postponed, coordinating it with the side of the baguette. Having marked and drilled holes, it remains to collect a baguette for curtains. First install the side parts, then the central part.
Correctness of position is checked by level. This is done in advance, before fixing the eaves along the lines, and after the baguette has fallen into its place. If the level readings are the same, then there is no need to rework. To correct some flaws, it is possible - for this purpose joiner glue is poured into the holes in one or the other edge and fix the bracket anew.
Installation of decorative eaves
If the natural look does not suit the owners of the apartment, the wooden baguettes are decorated with polyurethane moldings under the stucco molding. To do this, select its appropriate width. It remains only to glue the baguettes under the curtains. It is important not to use acetone or alcohol-containing glues for this purpose, otherwise they will burn the surface of synthetics.
Color and Style
Baguette cornice is a luxury accessory of the interior and it is used in the appropriate styles - classic, modern, country. There is an opportunity to apply it in the rustic interior, using options from solid wood or covering the laths with curtain fabric. The colors of the canvases are selected as follows:
- Dark - blue, black, dark green for the bedroom, along with the cornice, covered with cloth of one of the canvases. If for this purpose to choose a light tulle, then the interior will play well on contrasts.
- Yellow, cream, salad - for the kitchen. The cornice is then darker than the canvas - brown terracotta, grassy. The shades of red in the kitchen, as in any other room, are undesirable, since it is the color of aggression, the mood and appetite worsen. There can be only blotches - a small print, edging.
- The living room is good with dark, coffee curtains and soft cream or pastel curtains. By the way, it is not necessary to do traditional design - the asymmetry in the form of svagov or corner curtains looks beautiful on the baguette.
So, after dismantling, the basic rules for selecting a frame molding, decide in favor of this or that option.
But the rule is to measure seven times, one cut-it is also true here: constant solemnity, tiresome.